mardi 28 juillet 2009

Back to the start

.. Guess it began with that sketch I made from a Leadbelly cover... the drawing seemed ok and people around me found it cool.
.. My slow brain had finally made the connection between two things I really love:
Blues and drawing...
.. So I went on trying to make portraits of those men who's music had brought me so much fun, looking for photographs and everything I could find about early blues,with the will to bring back in my sketches the spirit of those times.
.. Later on, as I had the opportunity to show my work in a gallery, I came to painting and started with some acrylics on wood...
.. I still keep on that way, trying to get some life out of my brushes (it doesn't work everytime but I try to do my best)...

Leadbelly's green corn... sometimes life can be so simple...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire